|And Baby Makes Four|
|Original Air Date||November 7th, 1969|
|Writers||Arne Sultan Chris Hayward|
|Villain||Simon the Likeable, Kruger|
|Previous Episode||Smart Fell on Alabama|
|Next Episode||And Baby Makes Four, conclusion|
Note: This is the first episode of a two-part story. However, as Season 5 is the only one with onscreen episode titles, that title is used here, eschewing the practice of numbered parts adopted for previous seasons.
Maxwell Smart is working simultaneously on trying to find the location of KAOS's new secret headquarters and on preparing a map of the shortest route to the hospital where 99 is to give birth. Inevitably he confuses the two.
- Kruger - Dana Elcar
- Susie Hayakawa - Judy Dan
- Finster - Ralph Manza
- Simon the Likeable - Jack Gilford
- Motorcycle Cop - Sid Grossfield
- Magistrate - Roy Dean
- Watress - Karen Arthur
- Bus Station Announcer - June Foray (uncredited voice)
- Dr. Baker (mentioned)
- 99 tells Max that the hospital where Max takes her during a practice run at the beginning of the episode (Polk Memorial), is not the hospital where she is to have the baby, but oddly does not draw the same conclusion when they arrive at the Sunny-Slope Sanitarium.
- The title refers to the song "My Blue Heaven" dating from 1924 which includes the lyric "Just Molly and Me/And baby makes Three". A film titled And Baby Makes Three was released in 1949. It is perhaps an unfortunate choice in that it gives away the "surprise" - the fact that the Smart baby is in fact twins.