|Original Air Date||March 8th, 1969|
|Writers||Lloyd Turner and Whitey Mitchell|
|Previous Episode||Shock It to Me|
|Next Episode||Greer Window|
Leadside, a wheelchair-bound criminal genius, has just pulled off a $20 million art heist when Maxwell Smart tries to arrest him. Infuriated that Smart's "cunning stupidity" has been ruining his plans for the past ten years, Leadside vows revenge in three phases: he will escape, he will destroy CONTROL and then he will kill Agent 86. Due to Smart's clumsiness, Leadside does escape; and he does destroy CONTROL (by destroying CONTROL's computer brain "ARDVARC)! Now all that is left is for Leadside to kill Smart - will he succeed?
- Maxwell Smart - Don Adams
- Agent 99 - Barbara Feldon
- Chief - Edward Platt
- Larabee - Robert Karvelas
- Agent 11 (mentioned)
- Agent 35 (mentioned)
- Agent 88 (mentioned)
Weapons and GadgetsEdit
- Painting spears
- Paper pal detonating pen
- Fireplace smoke screen
- When Leadside remarks that now he'll spend the rest of his life surrounded by a $20 million art collection, Smart replies that Leadside will surrounded by a $20 million penitentiary!
- While Leadside and his assistants Norman and Kelley are making their escape in their new van ("You can't hang a collection like this in a garbage truck.") he remarks that, since all three of them are together in the back -- who is driving the van? That question is never answered!
- ARDVARC apparently has a crush on the cigarette machine!